One of the ways to stamp your mark on your new website and make it your own is to change the header graphic that displays at the top of your website. All of our turnkey websites come with an extremely attractive header graphic – so you don’t need to change it. However, if you want to here is how:
1. First you need to create your header graphic or hire someone to do this for you. When creating it you need to ensure that it is 960px in width – and it can be any height you wish. Your header graphic will also need to be named “header” and saved in “jpg” format.
2. When you have your header graphic you need to upload it to your website. The quickest and easiest way to do this is through your website’s cpanel. You will have been given your website’s cpanel with login details when you purchased your new website (if you chose Sitegap hosting) – and it will look something like this:
3. When you are logged into your websites cpanel you need to click on the folder called “File Manager” . Then choose your website from the drop down menu and click on “Go” as shown below.
4. Next you need to click on the “wp-content” folder.
5. Then click on the “Themes” folder.
6. Then click on the “SG1” folder.
7. The click on the “images” folder.
8. The next step is to upload your header graphic by clicking on the upload button like below:
9. Next check mark “overwrite existing files”, click on the “browse” button, choose your header graphic from your computer and it will automaticaly upload.
10. The last step is to go and check out your new header graphic on your website.